Sunday, October 25, 2009

Late night ironing and I found my ring!

Ah fun times this evening with the boys going to service (of which we didn't have to lead bc the Spanish congregation did) then we had a short rehearsal then went to the movies. I ironed both the boys shirts tonight, ha. I'm like a mom and a dad all rolled up into one. It's just fun to be around people I care so much about.

Tomorrow morning is my last Sunday in Matthews. It is bittersweet but I have so much peace about how everything has and will fall into place.

*Getting excited/nervous about Indonesia.

I had recently sent a msg to a close friend in Colorado. I say close but really its someone I had talked to in years. But I guess close guy friends can just pick back up like that. My initial msg to him was simply asking for prayer. He prodded until I wrote him a quick synopsis about my life changing so much recently, the loneliness etc. My loneliness/frustration even though I do have so many friends, close friends, that I find comfort in. He said a lot but one thing that stood out was his words about it's ok/natural/Godly to have an inner longing for a opposite sex connection, especially with someone who inspires us - joking that God made Adam with Eve not Adam with a bro. It made me laugh.

Ahhhh one thing about cleaning out your house to sell is that you find things you had lost. I found both my watch anddddd my silver ring. I didn't care so much for the watch; in fact I tried to give it to Robert tonight but since we both have cell phones neither of us have need for it. But I was excited to find my ring. It's just this simple silver band I switch back and forth between my right and left hand on my ring finger with the word 'purity' engraved on the inside. It's horribly scuffed and dinged but it is lovely.

So blessed.

The young guy behind the counter at Dickies BBQ today asked "How long did it take you to grow that out?" Ha, I love it.

I have two really incredible possibilities about where I might live back in CH while I look for my rolling meadow surrounded by trees I'm going to buy. Yes. I will know it when I see it.

I pray that people see Christ tomorrow morning and are stirred in their souls to have a deeper longing for him and the incredible life he brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment