Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home.

Today I was in Chapel Hill at my home church fall festival. I got to see soooo many people that I love here are the highlights:

-The beard. Mixed reviews. Ha. Sweeping sterotype alert: Girls initially don't like it. Guys are like "Man, that's impressive." Hmmm
-It feels so good to be around people who know and love you.
-I think I've matured - relationally - since I've been gone. I just feel it in the intentionality and ear that I give people. Maybe being gone reminded me of how important valuable relationships are.
-Those people are my family and they trust me.
-One of the best moments was when I ran into someone who used to be in my youth group; not having talked formally with them in probably a year it was really incredible just to pick back up and chat about nothing, life, and important things. I wish I could decribe it better. It gave me a sense of "what you do, even little things, matter to people". Your words. Your presence.

I'm a little anxious about the future but I think to be too anxious would negate the incredible way that God has worked in the past two weeks or so with timing, my heart, and my peace. There is a big sense of anxiousness with many people in Chapel Hill and I truly saw myself as an example; an anchor, of peace and God's sovereignty to people - even people way older! Ha. It's a good feeling to know you can be used.

*My thoughts trail to her. Hmmmm.

I had a great dinner and conversation with my long time friend Kelly. She has always been good to talk to. She's got some exciting/complicated relationship stuff going on and I hope I was a good listening ear. I think I'm getting better at that. He's 12 years her elder and in another hemisphere. It's complicated but she is really giving it an A+ effort I think, which is good for her.  I was able to share with her all about these ministry variables and my own relational, mmmmm, uncertainties. It was good.

Honesty alert: I am aware of temptations that lurk back home. The proximity of people I should not spend my time with. (Read: Girls whom do not have my heart or spirituality in their best interest).

I am happy and contented. I am complete in knowing exactly, well, pretty close anyway, what I am looking for. Though I'm not sure where it is. It's good to feel my standards high again.

No comments:

Post a Comment