Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Crash

 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
       neither are your ways my ways,"
       declares the LORD.

 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
       so are my ways higher than your ways
       and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I think this is almost cliche we've often heard it so much. When something doesn't go our way we resolve to point to God having a different plan. What about when you feel so good about the original plan actually being God's plan? Have you missed God? Did he leave? Is he mad at me?

What also when the "original" plan is all you have? The results of it not working out can frankly be devastating; a sense of hopelessness awash.

It all happened to me. Sitting in the car after the news I didn't know whether to cry, shout or drive off a cliff. I mean the plan made sooo much sense, I mean, "Godly" sense too. Overcome with the guilt that this was somehow my fault; the result of my disobedience through the years; phases of rebellion; hurting people; pride; selfishness; you name it I've probably done it; the only thing that made sense to do was to feel like I was standing in God's face sorrowfully declaring "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry".

Moments later I was on the phone being not only reminded of my worth and calling but being presented with new options I would have never ever considered. There is a lot here-themes of forgiveness, the value of community, hope. So as Isaiah 55 comes to mind it's not just v8 that his ways are different it's v9 that they are higher. In other words they aren't just grandly removed from the smallness of our minds.

They are grandly better. Praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment