Monday, November 2, 2009

MLIA

Synapses firing in full effect:

-Just being back in Chapel Hill; feels great; and more than just being here I'm having all these really incredible doors open...the great thing about doors opening- or cracking maybe? - is that they are always so unexpected. Short of it is that I had the 'beginnings' of another conversation with a very prominent church in the area that is in a lot of transition; looking for a senior minister and a few other positions, so much so that I was asked what my 'ideal' position would be. Going to follow up with that Monday.

-Awesomeee dinner and convo with a close buddy in ministry tonight too. He also talked about trying to bring me on even as a "consultant", ha whatever that means. I love being a student of worship; what that means, how we connect to God, and how the Church touches the world through the context of worship. I love it. He is also just so "accidentally" encouraging talking with him about all these options he remarks that I'm able to do these things because God has talented me so.

-NOW; in light of those conversations; and the immediate opportunities to plug into some churches to feel them out, I ALMOST don't want to leave to work in the Dominican this week. It is an incredible opportunity though and I think I will benefit from time away and helping the people there. Soooo, I think I will plan to continue conversations via email and some phone; more so than I originally thought, and just be open to coming back earlier than I had planned. It's all very good.

I say it's all very good and I just mean that so much from my heart that I see and know God taking care of my life - not in just mediocre ways - but in true abundant fashion. Not that the Lord promises earthly riches or that things will always be "happy" but just to feel that no matter what, he has my back. It's incredible.

The only sad note is that I miss this girl still. It doesn't physically 'hurt' as much anymore to see her words or face but she is still just; there. I miss her. That's all.She was so unique in ridiculus ways and my favorite was the fact that her heart seemed to be in time with the way in which I am called to minister. I never had to apologize about my dreams for ministry or who I was called to be because I could see her there right alongside as an equal.

I love where I live right now, it is such a blessing. One unexpected perk is that I have reconnected with Jay the ex-youth who's family owns the house. It's such a nice house. Jay is a good kid. He was one of my closest kids back in the day; there was a group of about 5 that were the notable favorites, ha. I'm just glad to have a stake in being a part of influencing his life and seeing Christ at work.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment