Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Island

My life changes minute by minute. No so much 'changes' I guess, but rather just so many things occur; doors open; life.


I had forgotten about this book until I saw it recently. Synopsis is young boy comes home from a field trip and has to recount the day to his mother in a backwards fashion in order to explain the absurdity of the final product: "The day was great until the pigs got on the bus" "Why were there pigs on the bus?!" "Because when the hen house caught on fire they had no where to go" etc etc

Well that's how my life feels. I have this "end result" (though far from any end" but in order to make sense of it I have to back up.

"Yeah so I had a conversation with xx church the other day and now I'm headed to the Dominican for a few weeks" "What? I thought you lived in Charlotte"....

I AM back in Chapel Hill, it's good to be home. At the beginning of all of this I basically had all my eggs in coming back on staff at my old church- but not till the first of the year. Thats what freed me up and started the process of looking to serve abroad for Nov-Dec - because me being here or not wouldn't change that timeline.

Now, however, having only been here a few days, through the connection of knowing most of the pastors and church people in the town I've been invited to engage in some really incredible conversations about some other churches and ministries. Just total, on accident, sort of things where you walk away laughing because God is so incredibly good; but you wish things maybe didn't have to be revealed minute by minute! So odds are I won't be gone quite as long as I had initially anticipated; just to be back here in the thick of things carrying on these wonderful conversations about how to impact this world for the Lord with like-minded people

Such rich conversations I can't fully describe. Some with close friends in ministry. Some with complete strangers. The end result is always an awe for the power of good conversation; a renewed vigor for the thing that God has called and equipped me to do, and confidence and support (from both friends and strangers) in the undeserved talent that the Father has given me.

Ha, I wish i could say 100% exactly what is going to happen on what date, but I can't!

Ok, God, you have my attention. I realize that yourrrr plans are much bigger than mine.

I miss you, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment